Free Adolescent Assessments
All puppies and kittens are invited to attend a free Adolescent Assessment at around 5 months old.
The assessment includes:
- Health Check - a full nose to tail examination
- Weight check - diet and nutrition advice and a demonstration of how to monitor Body Condition Score
- Behaviour - mental stimulation and play, behavioural advice including managing boredom and 'home alone' for puppies
- Parasite Control - advice on preventing fleas, worms and mites based on your pet’s lifestyle
- Dental Check - dental care advice and teeth cleaning demonstration
- Neutering Advice - information and advice to help you decide what is best for your pet
Adolescent Assessments are a great opportunity to raise any questions you may have about the care of your puppy or kitten and it helps them to become accustomed to visiting the vets in a relaxed half hour appointment.
To book your free Adolescent Assessment Contact Us.
Free Dental Clinics
Maintaining healthy teeth and gums is essential for good health which is why we offer free Dental Health Checks.
Dental disease affects 70-80% of adult pets to some extent. The build-up of plaque and tartar causes painful gingivitis and can lead to pets losing teeth. For some pets dental disease will go on to cause more serious health problems affecting the heart, liver or kidneys when plaque enters the bloodstream. Yet it is all easily prevented when you know how.
A dental check includes:
- A thorough check of the mouth, teeth and gums
- Demonstration of how to clean your pet’s teeth to help prevent future health issues and unnecessary pain and expense
Save 12.5% off dental products and treatments with Links Health Care Plan.
To book a free Dental Clinic Contact Us.
Free Weight Management Clinics*
Maintaining a healthy weight plays a huge part in a pet’s state of health and quality of life. With approximately 50% of pets overweight vets are increasingly concerned about the spread of obesity and the problems it causes such as high blood pressure, diabetes, skin disease and mobility issues.
To help keep pets healthy we offer Free Weight Management Clinics to help pets lose weight safely without going hungry and whilst getting the nutrition they need.
A Weight Management Clinic includes:
- Weight and body measurements
- Body condition score assessment
- An easy to follow weight reduction and maintenance plan
It can be difficult to tell if your own pet is overweight as it can be hard to spot gradual changes. If you’re unsure whether or not your pet is a healthy weight drop into any of our surgeries where we’ll happily check their weight.
Save 20% off Hill’s weight control diets with Links Health Care Plan.
To book a free weight clinic Contact Us.
*Free to clients who purchase Hill’s weight loss diet